Huh? Those Abbreviation Again?
QS stands for Quick Service. These are the restaurants that you go to a counter to order food and then seat yourself. At some of these you can use Mobile ordering with the My Disney Experience App and pick up the food, pay, eat, and never wait in line.
For those of you who may think that theme park food consists of burgers, chicken tenders, and fries. I am here to tell you that Disney offers so much more, including the following places at Magic Kingdom with delicious offerings:
- Columbia Harbour House– (located between Fantasyland and Liberty Square) offers seafood including fried shrimp, lobster rolls, shrimp macaroni and cheese, and grilled salmon. They also have baked chicken and other dishes. This is a great place to eat in a quiet, air- conditioned space. Tip: go upstairs by the windows and it is a great spot for people watching.
- Pinocchio Village Haus– (located in Fantasyland) offers chicken parmesan pasta, flatbreads including a flatbread of the month that is usually pretty unique, penne pasta, antipasto salad. Tip: sit by the big window overlooking It’s a Small World and there are signs available to hold up to the passengers on the boats.
- Casey’s Corner– (located at the end of Main Street) offers hot dogs as long as your arm, topped with ingredients like hash browns, chili, bacon, crispy onion straws, macaroni and cheese, and corn dog nuggets. Tip: grab a seat outside and you can see the parade going by or even the fireworks at night.
- Be Our Guest– (located in Beast’s Castle in Fantasyland) offers quick service at breakfast and lunch but table service at dinner. The food offerings include: braised pork served Coq Au Vin style with mashed potatoes, French dip sandwich, carved ham and Gruyere cheese sandwich, vegetable quiche, quinoa salad, tuna Nicoise salad, and carved turkey sandwich. Tip: check out the mosaics on the walls that tell the Beauty and the Beast story even in the bathrooms.
- Pecos Bills Tall Tale Inn and Café– (located in Frontierland) offers fajita platter, southwest salads with beef or chicken, beef or chicken nachos, veggie rice bowls also available with chicken or beef, jerk chicken lettuce wraps, tacos 3 way which you can get with breaded cauliflower topped with 5 spice yogurt and pineapple salsa. Tip: load up those dishes with one of the best toppings bars in the Magic Kingdom.
With all these incredible options, and a many more you won’t have to eat chicken tenders and French fries (although that sounds pretty good too) while you are enjoying a magical day at Walt Disney World.
Tip: I have heard that Sleepy Hollow has a sweet and spicy chicken waffle sandwich that is considered a snack but I think it would be a lunch entrée for me and their fresh fruit waffle sandwich with chocolate hazelnut spread could be an awesome lunch too!
Meet You On Main